Server migration is a process in which data is moved from one environment to another, often for security purposes or in order to replace or upgrade because equipment. The process can be daunting due to the transfer of complex systems to often unfamiliar environments and is therefore usually performed by a team of server migration specialists.
JSB provides a variety of cost-effective (and in some cases free) migration services, catering to the transfer of small to corporate websites, multiple server distributed software applications, and more.
Our team can perform a full-scale migration of your on-premises IT infrastructure to the cloud with the minimal downtime during the migration process. We can seamlessly put your IT infrastructure in the virtual environment to increase its flexibility and scalability with the reduced operational costs. Having the experience with a number of cloud computing platforms, we can help you create an agile cloud-based IT infrastructure.
JSB cloud administrators - a team of highlyexperienced professionals who have successfully executed many system migrations in the past - can perform the cloud server migration from start to finish. Potential problems that system owners can run into, caused by DNS switchover, database transfer and Apache setup, are issues that we overcome every day. By using JSB migration service, we can take care of the entire migration process, to or from our cloud servers, seamlessly.
Type of Migrations:
- Hosted Corporate Website:
- Background: A company has used the services of a website hosting provider for years for its Joomla-based CMS
- Problems: Slow site performance, emails sent get rejected by receiving servers
- Solution: Move sites to a new JSB cloud server with web hosting panel, using migration services. Simply provide the JSB migration team with the details of your existing hosting account and domain registration, and they take care of transferring: all CPANEL settings, email accounts, databases and DNS definitions
- Moving from Development to Production
- Background: A startup has been developing a mobile web application in .NET on a local office-based server, used exclusively by the development team. It has been decided to make the application available for beta testing
- Problems: The server cannot support several hundred simultaneous users; it is not backed up with multiple internet connections or secondary power supplies.
- Solution: The JSB migration team can duplicate the software infrastructure of the test environment to a new JSB cloud Windows server, including transfer of data to SQL Server database
- Globalizing Corporate Data
- Background: An international company has its main customer database (Oracle on Unix) on a local network and employees connect via VPN from abroad
- Problems: Cannot deploy new web applications on the LAN-based database, single point of failure, lapse time when accessing database from remote locations
- Solution: The JSB migration team can deploy the database on the cloud in two locations - Europe and Asia - and synchronizes between them using a load balancer. This will facilitate the deployment of new web applications, increase robustness and reduce response time
- Updating VB6 Applications
- Background: An enterprise organization heavily invested in VB6 applications, looking to modernize
- Problems: An application rewrite will tie up enormous resources and might take over a year to complete. It is difficult to find developers willing to work on VB6, and you are not familiar enough with the web development environment
- Solution: Our in-house infrastructure migration team and our application modernization partners will take your VB6 apps and turn them into the web apps you’ve been dreaming of - at a fixed price and set delivery date.